Thursday, August 23, 2012

7 weeks :)

Three weeks ago, my life changed as the second line on the pregnancy test popped up. I called Tim in, and asked if he saw what I saw. He did. I think we both were shocked that it was there. We were happy, but it takes a bit to sink in.

I can't explain what I felt then and the following days. But those of you who are mothers will completely understand. Probably since I was 18, maybe younger, I've known I wanted to be a mother. It's just something I knew. I love children, especially babies. And when Tim & I began dating and talking seriously, we talked about how we'd one day have children. Now 2 1/2 years of marriage later, here we are with a baby on the way.

After the at home pregnancy test confirmed, I went to the dr. to confirm. Then a week later, I visited the new OB I would be seeing. They took some blood, gave me some paperwork and talked about the pregnancy a little. I knew it was too early for an ultrasound, but when the Dr. said it would be another 4 weeks, I was anxious. She changed my anti-anxiety medication to something that is safe during pregnancy. This is something I am currently dealing with managing. I want what is best for our child, but I have to take care of myself to take care of the baby. I am only bringing this up because prayers are definitely appreciated during this time.

Our first ultrasound is now 2 1/2 weeks away. I already have a small bump and my pants are tight, which honestly I enjoy :) I'm exhausted and don't always feel well, but I'm very happy. I'm ready to enjoy every step of this journey and share it along the way. I'll be posting pictures soon.

Lil Mama B

No comments:

Post a Comment