Monday, August 19, 2013

First family beach trip

Tim and I met in February of 2008. That September, we took our first trip together to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I have always been a beach girl. I lived there as a small child and we vacationed there every year after we moved to the mountains. I had never been to the Outer Banks and I absolutely loved it. It was labor day weekend and still not busy. It was small town and beach. Perfection.

Every year since then, we have traveled to the Outer Banks with our families.

When we found out, our little one would be making his appearance in April, we decided we would take this summer off. We figured a 3-4 month old wouldn't have a great time at the beach. Sometime in June, Tim, my mom and I decided, we just had to go to the beach.


And this little man enjoyed it!
Tim, Cooper, me, my mom, and Tim's mom rented a condo in Kill Devil Hills and spent a relaxing week together. There were clouds and Cooper had his moments (being away from home), but it was fun.

We visited a great thrift store. We spent a windy evening on the beach. We swam. We ate a lot of great food and we celebrated my mother-in-law's birthday..with ice cream cake of course :)

Cooper looked super cute in his wetsuit even though when I let the water splash him, he cried. I would imagine being that small, that tiny wave looked huge.





It was a successful sixth year at OBX for Tim and I. And next year Cooper will further enjoy the beach! This, my friends, is the beginning of a beautiful family tradition.


No comments:

Post a Comment