Saturday, August 3, 2013

Soulful Saturdays: Part one

For the next five Saturdays, I will be answering the 50 questions that will free your soul. I will answer ten each week. You, my readers, can get to know me a little better and I can think about things that I may have never thought of before. These questions can be found on many blogs all over the Internet. Enjoy!

1. How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? 
This is a bit difficult for me. I'm definitely a kid at heart. I love to have fun and be silly. Although I am mature and responsible when appropriate. I'm 29, for those of you don't know. So my final answer? I'm going to say I would be 21. Old enough to know better, but still young enough to have a lot of fun.

2. Which is worse: failing or never trying? 
Most definitely never trying. I have failed at many things in my life, but if you never try, you may never learn. I have also succeeded at many things because I tried.

3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
I'm no expert on life and I'm just shy of 30 years old. There are certain things in life that we have to do. We have to work for a living. We have to pay bills. We have to get out of bed when we want to pull the blankets over our face. My point is this. We couldn't survive life without doing some things that we just don't like to do.
 
4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
No, I truly believe that I've done more than I've just said. I've done many things that were "mistakes" or that I failed at in life. And I plan to continue life in a way that "We regret what we don't do not what we do."

5. What is one thing you'd like most to change about the world? 
In 2013, I look at the world sometimes and see such damage. I also see beauty. I wish everyone could be kind to one another, non-judgmental, caring, and blind to things such as race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, etc.

6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
This is going to sound crazy and cheesy, but something helping those who need others the most - small children/babies and animals. I feel like those groups are often taken advantage of because they are helpless and innocent.

7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
I'm not sure what this question means by what I'm 'doing'. If by doing it means a job, then yes. If it means by the way I'm living, then again yes.

8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
I would say I would do things younger - like marry and have children, but no. I still wouldn't do those things until I was ready. I honestly probably wouldn't waste as much time being lazy. Sad, but true.

9.  To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
After turning 18, I have controlled the direction I wanted to take. It's hard to answer this because I know that God ultimately controls the course. But I made the decision to go to college, to move away from home, the career to take on, a career change, you get the point. 

10.  Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
Simple answer here. I am more worried about doing the right things. 



No comments:

Post a Comment