Thursday, July 18, 2013

"I'll pray for you" Will you?

"I'll pray for you."

"I'll keep you in my thoughts & prayers."

These are two statements I hear quite often, read on facebook, in cards and e-mails. There are also words that frequently come out of my mouth.

A couple of years ago, I believe, I realized that it was almost instinct to say those words to someone. If someone I knew was having a hard time or personally asked for prayers, that is what I would say. I'm a christian and I very much believe in the power of prayer. But my question to myself was, was I praying for them? When I asked myself this, I realized sometimes I would tell someone that I would keep them in my prayers, then go about my day and simply forget about the request. I didn't mean to lie. My intent was to pray for them. It just happened sometimes.

At that moment, I decided whenever I said those words, I would immediately stop what I was doing, close my eyes and lift them in prayer. Because if I didn't do it right then, I may forget. I want others to know that I genuinely care and am asking God to be with them.

So, next time someone is going through a hard time and you say those words, make sure that is what you are truly going to do. And I promise to you that if I tell you that I am praying for you, I am doing it right then and there.




No comments:

Post a Comment