Saturday, September 7, 2013

Goodbye Soulful Saturdays

This will be my final post for Soulful Saturdays. When I started it, I thought it would be interesting and I was looking for things to blog more often. It's a learning experience. Here are the final ten questions. I'm only finishing them because I started.

If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
This is hard and not because I believe in Heaven and that we will all be together again. So I would have to say I would spend my last day with my family and a few special others. Then we would move onto the next life and be together for eternity (personal beliefs here). I would still be very emotional on this day though.

Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
Absolutely not. That is the most ridiculously shallow thing I have ever heard.

What is the difference between being alive and truly living? 
Well, everyone who has been born and is breathing with a heartbeat is alive. Truly living, to me, is having fun, experiencing new things, loving, making mistakes and learning every day. 

When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
It depends on the situation. You have to use your head in some situations and in big decisions in life.

If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
Because mistakes are not always fun. I'm going to be completely honest and say sometimes mistakes are fun at the time, but then you learn. 

What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
I would probably do silly things like go to the store without a bra. Seriously. 

When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
Um, just now because as soon as I read this question I took a deep breath. 

What do you do for love?  Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
I do things I don't want to do. I do things that I don't even notice. I get up at any time if my baby needs me.  I work because my child needs diapers. I text family and friends to check on them. I hug people. I pick up my husband's favorite things at the store when he doesn't ask for them. It's simple things really.

In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday?  What about the day before that?  Or the day before that?
I doubt very seriously that I will. I will remember the big moments and the way my son giggled when I blew on his belly. 

Decisions are being made right now.  The question is:  Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
Some decisions only affect me and I make them myself. Other decisions affect my family so my husband and I make them together. I think it's important to include loved ones in decision making. 

If you have any ideas on a weekly Saturday post that you would be interested in reading, please let me know.







No comments:

Post a Comment